Monday, May 2, 2011

To garden

Front part of garden.
Would be wonderful, but I have two more exams, one presentation and a paper to write.  As I don't really have enough time to work on any of that during coffee time (or coloring time for the girls) I shall plan and dream a bit here.  Our garden is 45 by 15, with other space for raspberry and blueberry bushes, I will get more in this year.  I would also like to get grapes and asparagus going, in separate new beds.  

Horseradish starting to wake for the year
I plan to plant onions, tomatoes, potatoes, radishes, carrots, lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, beets, beans, peas, and peppers in the main garden.  I am also turning part into an herb garden, I have chives and horseradish growing and plan to add a few variety's of basil, mint, sage, thyme, dyer's chamomile, madder, indigo, lavender,  and maybe some parsley. 
Chives Planted 4 years ago.









Each of the kids has their own little garden to work with too.  Mouse has challenged me to carrots again.  He is good at carrots! 
Playhouse

Mouse's Garden, he has a lot of morning glories every year.

Badger's garden - peanuts do not work great in our zone.
Butterfly's garden mostly flowers and cherry tomatoes each year.
Roses.
Damaged apple tree. 














I have roses (both planted and volunteer) three apple trees and a pear to tend, actually a bit worried about the one apple tree expect I may have to take it down instead of just pruning (which really has to be this weekend.)  I am really hoping to get quite a lot of food out of the yard this year! 

Hope you are dreaming, doing and enjoying the day! - Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment