Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cliff Dwellings

Here are some photos from my trip out west this is the Cliff Dwellings at Manitou Springs.
Looking down into a Kiva.
Looking out from inside a dwelling place.

View of a few dwellings.

My parents and sister where on this trip with me.  We got to playing dueling photo shots.  My sister won this one but my picture is pretty good too.

I won for bark shots.

Grinding stones in one room, I wonder what the conversations the women had in here each grinding corn to feed her family.

All in all it was a wonderful section of my trip, Colorado is a beautiful place.  The park is small but you can walk through all of the buildings and see what it felt like to be in them.

2 comments:

  1. What great photos! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will post photos from the Garden of the Gods soon. Colorado is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete