Thursday, August 11, 2011

Attack of the scones

I am one of those people who gets into trends making something.  I mixed up a batch of scones last week for a quick tea party for the kids.  They asked for more yesterday.  So I made a batch with dried cranberries and orange oil, then we 'needed' desert so I made up a batch of scone with cranberry, candied lemon peel, lemon extract and orange oil.  I cut them up small and drizzled chocolate on them.

Today I made Chocolate Peanut butter scones.  (Instead of lunch.) this madness must stop!!  right after I finish chewing....

9 comments:

  1. Haha! We make scones all the time. Chase's favorite are white chocolate chip with either strawberries, blueberries, or cranberries.

    We were on our last scone kick for five weeks so hang in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I was thinking about buying and drying strawberries just to make scones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all! And raspberries. If you use fresh ones they turn the scones purple!

    Now I am in a scone mood. Hmm.. trade you a biscuit with homemade jam for a scone? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good trade to me. I just read last night that you can make jelly out of queen anne's lace, it is supposed to taste lemony. Now of course I wan to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really! I didn't know this. I have it growing along the east side of our house. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove scones! Link up some recipes if you can, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I read it, sounds like a nice hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do that too! I'm really O.K. with it. I just continue with my madness until I begin to see 'the look' on the families faces when I place their food before them. That's when I know I've finally maxed out!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete