Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yarn Along - rainbow baby blanket returns

I am knitting with the wonderful crafters of the Yarn Along. I look forward to seeing what everyone is reading and working on.  Thank you Ginny for hosting again this year!

This was taken on my cold back porch.  I got the kids a rock tumbler for Christmas and so my house sounds like grrr grrr grrr grrr even though it is plugged in out here.  It is too loud to stay out here for more than a moment.  But the light was so pretty.

I dug the rainbow shimmer baby blanket back out and have more than doubled it in three days.  I am knitting from my stash here.  I had lots yellow but not a great deal of any other color.  So far I have knit a strand of yellow with a strand of pink, then purple and now blue.  I still have green.  I did have to go get more yellow, but one skein should get me to a nice size blanket.  The shower is on the 28th so I have to knit, knit, knit.  We also have a baby shower for a different cousin of my husband this weekend and I am giving them a baby quilt top that I backed in green fleece.  Two other cousins (one of his and one of mine) will be having babies this year so you can expect more baby knitting. 

I finished the book I was reading yesterday and have not started anything new but I was looking through this cookbook when I realized it was Wednesday.  It is a nice look at seasonal eating and the pictures are beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a peaceful knitting moment, so it's funny to think of the rock tumbler in the background. I hope you have some quieter times this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think we have like a week or so left of the grr grr grr noise.

    ReplyDelete