Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yarn along - I learned to crochet

Joining Ginny at Small Things for the Yarn Along!  A virtual knitting community and book club.






This is my new knitting (and crocheting) basket, I got it at the farmer's market this past weekend.  It is more red and blue than the picture shows, my kitchen makes everything look a bit pink in the morning. I am reading JD Robb's Creation in Death. I have been busting through novels lately (maybe 25 since the end of the term!)

I have been toying with the idea of learning to crochet for a while now with several friends and my sister urging the corruption upon me.  I grabbed a copy of The Happy Hooker (one of the Stitch and Bitch books) and the instructions and diagrams were very helpful.  It is so fast!!!

The Spiral Baby blanket finished off with a crocheted edge! 
 I need to block this as the center sticks up and the ladies at the knitting circle I was at last night pointed out it was a good thing it wasn't pink as it would look just like a nipple then!  The yarn is two different cotton acrylic blends so it should be nice and washable for the new momma!

My first all crochet project. 
I am making this throw - no pattern just double crochet - in colors that match my friend's living room.  As I was busy making dresses I gave her a rain check on wedding gifts, so I making her this and a small quilt. The bottom row is sparkly, I will have to get that in the photo better for next time.

And since you are here which fabric do you think looks nicest with the plaid, I ran out of fabric for the sleeves for a prairie sun dress for Badger. The plaid is the same in all three pictures and the bottom is accidentally dyed in washing and a bit brighter that the photo shows.




Off to see what's in your craft baskets! ~ Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment