Thursday, February 20, 2020

My first cheese!

Doesn't that sounds fancy! I have been playing around with the idea of cheese making a long time, acid cheeses are really yummy but I longed to be pressing mysterious rounds into yummy things to slice and serve my family and friends. Jim and the kids got me a bunch of supplies about a year ago, somehow, it was too precious to touch. Well, a few weeks ago I gathered up the courage and jumped into making my first cheese!

 I was trying to make a cows milk feta, and I am only slightly successful. I made cheese, it is tasty and most of my family ate it. It is not really Feta, stuck somewhere between a dry ricotta and a feta, it is not what i was aiming to make, and yet, it is yummy and unquestionably cheese

.

More cheese making adventures are in my future. Lots more.

Hope your projects are going well and the your failures are still usable! ~ Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment