Wednesday, January 18, 2012

yarn along- little green frog

From Ginny at Small Things: ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?  ~  So Join on in! 

My pretty little niece has turned four and we are celebrating her birthday this weekend.  I am knitting her up a little frog to cuddle the pattern is called Frankie Frog from the Amigurumi Animal Friends book, I am using a Pattons wool yarn leftover from my stash the colorway is olive, but everyone is asking why I am knitting a little brown frog.  It is green trust me.

My semester started yesterday and will have a lot of read.  One of the courses is Anthropological Theory, this book is one of the required texts.  The Nuer by E E Evans-Pritchard. I am barely into it as I spent a long time looking at the map of Africa in the front.  It is an unfamiliar projection style and old when the book was originally released in 1940. I think the course will be very interesting.

6 comments:

  1. What a funny frog! My son would love his quirkiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knits up very fast and does not take much yarn.

      Delete
  2. that class sounds fascinating and i love the cover of the book. love africa.
    the frog is darling, what a treat it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that frog! I made a small one for a friend from a crochet pattern I saw on Pinterest and it was one of my favorite animal pieces to date. So cute!

    ReplyDelete